7.28.2008

Trail Ride....



Saturday morning Broc and I got up and headed out for a trail ride. It was alot of fun being just the two of us. We of course stopped to get snacks (Broc laughs at me cuz I can't go anywhere without junk food, it's a necessity) then we headed up above Ashton, almost to Island Park where Broc took me to a trial he hunts quite often. On the way there we almost hit a baby deer, then when we got the horses saddled the poor things were being eaten by horse fly's (I killed a good number of those with my hand, yuck!) Then when we started down the trail there were alot of elk tracks so of course Broc was all excited, then we came upon bear tracks so then I started freaking out!!! I had my eyes wide open in case I spotted one. I really think it's cool to see bears from a distance but not on a horse because then the horse would get spooked and take off or buck me off and leave me for bear bait. So half way up the trail Broc see's something in the trees and tells me its a moose, then later I found out he really thought it might have been a bear. He knew better than to tell me cuz I would have turned my horse around and ran the other way! At the top of the trail it was the prettiest view over Mesa Falls. It was so peaceful and calm. Then on the way back we had to go through lots of timber so my arms got cut up a little but good thing I was wearing a hat to protect my face. We got home safe and sound but I was very saddle sore for a couple days! I need to put a pillow on my saddle. Anyways, thanks Broc for taking me!!!

7 comments:

Nicole Stucki said...

How fun! I am totally JEALOUS! I'm glad you two got to do something fun. You deserve it!

Stewart Family said...

Oh how fun. Isn't it nice to get away just the two of you? How fun. I wish I knew how to ride a horse better, it looks like so much fun.

Ashton & Co. said...

what a fun day together! Cute story!

Tyler and Jaimee said...

That looks like so much fun! How do you do those cute scrapbook pages? And by the way you look SO cute and so good especially for having two kids! You are so lucky.

About my camera- Tyler got me a Canon Powershot Digital elph. Thats what its called I think I just looked at the name of the camera.haha
Its a good one though! I really like it.

Natalie said...

It sounds like you guys had a ton of fun! I miss riding horses!

Bree said...

Oh that looks like SO much fun!! I would've been freaked out about bears too! What a view though!!!

the Virgins said...

how fun! I am so jealous I love riding horses!! I would have been so freaked out if I saw bear tracks!