3.02.2008

I've Been Book Tagged! (Thanks Jessica)

1. Pick up the nearest book (one of at least 123 pages)
2. Open to page 123
3. find the 5th sentence
4. Post the next 3 sentences
(I am going to post the whole page because it is a very small book.)
-tag 3 people


The book I have chosen is "One Bright Shining Hope" for women by Gordon B. Hinckley. This book is really great for women and especially mothers who just need that reassurance in life. Sometimes we find ourselves saying "Why me?" Wondering why we have been put in situations that we are in. I love the page that I turned to for this tag, I think it puts in words perfectly what mothers need to hear.


"You have nothing in this world more precious than your children. When you grow old, when your hair turns white and when your body grows weary. When you are prone to sit in a rocker and meditate on the things of your life, nothing will be so important as the questions of how your children have turned out. It will not be the money you have made. It will not be the cars you have owned. It will not be the large house in which you live. The searing question that will cross your mind again and again will be "How well have my children done?"

-Gordon B. Hinckley

*I tag Nicole, Bree, Taunia


5 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

I loved this...thanks. I think I am going to post it on my blog because it is so good...thanks again!

Jessica said...

i need to read this book. Thanks for posting it!

Bree said...

Such an amazing quote!! I've been wanting this book forever now I know I really need to get it! I hope I can come up with such a great quote for mine...

Jill and David Dalling said...

Hey Amber, this is Jill Dalling (Thornock) Your kids are so darn cute. I have a blog too dallings.blogspot.com

Nick and Brent said...

Hey Amber...I saw your blog link on Kim's, and I had to say hi and tell you that your kids are absolutely ADORABLE! Cute family pictures! By the way, this is Nicole (white) Mackey