6.04.2008

Caramel Pops....



I wanted to share this Yummy treat with all of you! It is sooooo good and easy to make. When I was going to school at The Hair Academy, the owners mother (Lola) was a greeter at the front desk and she would make these and tell everyone to "back off" until Amber got her share! hehe I love that woman, we all called her grandma Lola. I miss that place very much and I especially miss my Caramel pops, so tonight while Broc and Brylee went to his softball games me and Payson hung out at the house and made these delicious treats! Watch out they are so addicting......and very good with a Pepsi! The grocery store does not always have them in stock so you have to watch for them. The recipe is on the back but I will share it on here to help you all out a little bit. It makes a ton so it would be a good snack for a party or get together. I don't know about all of you but I always need ideas of a snack to take to a party and I always end up taking my yummy 7 Layer dip that I do love but I needed something new. Now all of you go and make them and let me know how you like them....good luck !
Caramel Pops:
1 8 oz. bag Barrel O' Fun Corn pops (place in large roasting pan)
caramel coating (mix in 2 qt. saucepan)
1/2 Cup Butter or margerine
1/2 Cup light corn syrup
1 Cup brown sugar
1 tsp. baking soda (i forgot to include in picture)
-while mixing in saucepan, cook for 2 minutes or until bubbly around edges, remove from heat.
-add 1 tsp. baking soda to cause foaming (this helps proper coating of pops)
-pour caramel over pops and stir until pops are coated properly
-bake in oven @ 250 degrees for 45 minutes, stirring every 10
-remove from oven and pour onto wax paper and seperate to cool
Then Eat and Enjoy!!!

4 comments:

The Pena family said...

I'll be the first to say how good they are since you brought me some last night. They were gone by this morning and are the best snack! I went to get some of the pops today so we can make some!

The Jensen's said...

It's funny you should post about this caramel treat. Everytime we visit West Yellowstone (about 10 times a summer!) we stop at the candy store. Well, they sell this puffed caramel corn, and my mother-in-law brought some back for me. Very scrumptious!

Nicole Stucki said...

It is some good stuff. You always have fun recipes. Thanks for everything today. Your the best! I love that our girls have so much fun together. Minus the little fits they throw every once in awhile.

Bree said...

Oooh this sounds SO yummy! I'll have to try it! And thanks a lot--now you've got me craving your 7-layer dip!!! See you this afternoon! :)