7.15.2008

Recipe's by Request....

I have had a couple chica's ask for recipe's and I have forgotten for so long now to get them to these girls (Megan and Nicole P.) so I thought it might just be easier to post them and then if anyone else wanted to try them they could! I love both of these things and I hope you girls enjoy them as well.

The first is called "Chicken Breast Supreme" but I just call it Swiss Cheese Chicken, so take your pick:)

  • Spray 9x 13 inch pan with Pam.
  • Lay skinned, boneless chicken breasts on bottom of pan (just do as many as will cover the bottom, maybe 6) Cover with slices of Swiss Cheese. (we get the swiss cheese sliced at the deli and we use quite a bit so get about 1 lb.)
  • Mix together and pour over top of chicken and cheese:
    -1 can cream of chicken soup
    -1 can cream of celery soup
    -1 cup sour cream
    -2 Tbsp. orange juice
  • Sprinkle package of stovetop stuffing crumbs on top of chicken and soup mixture.
  • Melt 1/2 a cube of butter and drizzle on top of crumbs.
  • Cover dish tightly with foil. Bake for 1 1/2 to 2 hours @ 350
    (bake at 250 for 3 hours if gone, then turn up to 350 for a half hour)
    *I got this one from my mother-in-law and she is the best cook!


  • The next recipe is a 7 Layer Dip......YUMM-O! I love this stuff and I could eat a whole plate by myself:) Here's to you Shawn and Megan since you live so far away and I can't make if for you anymore:

    *I do my dip on two plates since it makes just enough for that, but some people put theirs in pans.
  • 1st Layer:
    mix 1 can refried beans, 1 can frito's bean dip, and 1 small taco sauce.
  • 2nd Layer:
    mash two to three avacado's and mix with 1 Cup sour cream and 1 Cup Mayo (make sure when you buy avacado's that they are fairly soft but not mushy or else they are too hard to mash) also you can put in a couple drops of lemon juice to help keep the avacados from going brown so fast.
  • 3rd Layer:
    grated cheese, olives, green onion, and tomatoe!

    really easy and so good! I have tried buying gaucamole and doing it with a layer of Sour cream but it's just not near as good to me. We like ours with Nacho Cheese Dorito's, tradition I guess with my fam but you use whatever chips ya want! I love good recipes so if anyone has some good ones please post them! I hope you enjoy these, let me know if you have questions cuz it's all kind of jumbled together cuz I couldn't get the spacing right for some reason. (enjoy the dip Shawn!)

6 comments:

The Pena family said...

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Brandi said...

YUM! I will have to give both of them a try forsure!!!

Ashton & Co. said...

Sounds yummy! I like the little note to Shawn at the end! :) I LOVE Brylee's boots- they are so cute!

Bree said...

YUM! I LOVE your 7-layer dip! And I've even had the recipe for a couple years now but have been too lazy to make it!! I need to, reading the recipe again made me crave it!! And the chicken sounds yummy too, I'll have to give it a try! Thanks for sharing!

Jenny said...

Oh, your 7-layer dip sounds way better than the one I usually use! thanks!

Stewart Family said...

Wow, I haven't looked at your blog forever. What a crazy couple of weeks. Fun parade pictures. We went too, parades are so much more fun with kids. I can't believe how long Brylee's hair is. How pretty. Love you recipes, seven layer dip is the best!! That chicken sounds yummy.