8.24.2008

Nerd Alert....

Before I talk about the little "Nerd" below I wanted to show this really cute cake that my sis in law, Shurron did for her husband! We went down to Utah this weekend for his 40th birthday party and I just loved his cake! They used those Hostess Snowballs for the boobs and a smarty for the belly button, then the rest of the decoration is just frosting, HAHA SO FUNNY!!! Anyways we had alot of fun....

While Brylee was there she enjoyed playing non-stop with her cousins and their toys. In these pics she found some goggles and was riding that horse, her face was priceless! We were thinking of putting her in synchronized swimming;) And Payson is just looking cute, he's not really the nerd here. In the bottom right pic is Brylee with her cousin David. It was a great weekend but it's good to be home after two long rides with Payson crying and being mad the whole way almost. He does not do good in his carseat right now....so frustrating!!! It's the worst when your driving with a screaming child, and poor grandma and grandpa Genta had to ride with us through it all. They were good sports though. I just didn't want to make many stops so we could just get to our destinations, especially if he happened to fall asleep. Anways, I think our travels are finally going to slow down for a while....thank heavens. Fall is almost here and Christmas is just around the corner....crazy to anyone else???



10 comments:

Jenny said...

I know how it can be with a screaming child in the car. Lilly has hated her carseat since she was 6 weeks old. She would scream all the way from Utah to Rexburg. It was horrible! We now have a DVD player in the car. It makes all the difference!

Annalee Taylor said...

the thought of Christmas coming gives me anxiety! Im so not ready fro summer to be over.

Jeppesens said...

Amber sounds like you guys had fun. I hear you when it comes to kids and car seats. Ella hates her car seat. She screams all the way to idaho falls. Rachel's wedding was a challenge. I don't think
I will take her anywhere for awhile either. And christmas... I hadn't really realized how close it really is. That is scary. I guess I better start saving my money.

Stewart Family said...

How cute. I love the wacky outfits kids come up with. That cake cracks me up! How funny.

Jessica said...

you've always been the christmas nut =)

Bree said...

Hahaha...that cake kills me! I hope you didn't have to eat one of the boobs!! Hahaha! Brylee is so funny! I have a friend whose son loves to wear his Spiderman goggles everywhere! Oh, guess what a random girl came up to me at the store today and asked who did my hair because she loved it...don't worry I sent her your way! :)

Chantri said...

LOVE the cake! How fun...can't wait to see you tomorrow!

Brandi said...

Brylee is so cute to me. She seems like such a free spirit. I want to be a kid again...not having to care what the next person thought of me. Sorry that trips are so frustrating...I know the feeling far to well.

It blows my mind that Fall and Christmas are just around the corner! Where did the summer go?

Jamie . Amanda . Kyla . Dalton . Isabella Meikle said...

Love the goggels. It is so fun to see what kids will do.

Ashton & Co. said...

Goggles are so awesome. They always make me laugh when kids are wearing them! I lOVE that cake. I need to do that for Joel this year... Cute pics of the kiddos!