8.21.2008

Yeah for Jam and Gymnastics!

I picked these lovelly raspberry's out of my mom's Garden and WHALAA.....
Turned them into Jam!!! I have always just lived off of my mom's homemade jam because she's always got plenty but this year I decided to try to be a "homemaker" and make my own! I am so excited and Broc is even more excited than me, he's even going to go get a freezer to put in our garage to put all the Jam in and some meat too. I made a few batches and it's really not hard, I actually enjoyed it:) I have been raised by a mom who has always been good at these things and I wish I would have payed more attention instead of being the spoiled youngest child that I was. So here I am nearly 25, finally starting to be in interest of them;) Yeah for me!

On another note, I got Brylee into gymnastics!!! We are so excited, she will be so good. She is always surprising us with her tricks, she even jumps off my mom's high deck onto the tramp and goes right into a summersault. She very athletic already so this will be a great way for her to get her energy out, since I'm waiting until next fall to do the whole pre-school thing. Oh and if you see her she'll probably tell you all about it.....;)

11 comments:

The Kay Family said...

Okay, first of all...I've also been spoiled by your mom. In years past, she's just given us the finished product. No need to ever learn. This was my first year ever making it myself and I'm 33!!! Sad, I know. The berry tradition is one thing I LOVE about your family! My parents didn't do anything like that...... glad your jam turned out!

Second, Camdon was commenting just the other day how Brylee can keep up with the big kids on the tramp. He said that Carter was a whimp compared to her! She should enjoy gymnastics. It's so fun when the kids start doing extra stuff, huh?

Jenna Johnson said...

I made my first Jam this year as well! SO YUMMY! And so fun to be all domestic like! :) I am signing Gracie up for Ballet and It makes me so sad she is old enough to do that! How fun for Brylee!

Ashton & Co. said...

Hey happy 6th anniversary! You guys are so cute together! Congrats! Sounds like you had a fun day! Also, good job on the jam- looks SO yummy!

Bree said...

Amber you made jam!?!?! I'm impressed you little homemaker, you! :) You'll have to teach me! It looks so yummy! Brylee will be SO cute in gymnastics, I'm glad you got her in!

Nicole Stucki said...

Look at you making jam! I'm impressed. I need to do that too. Oh well maybe next year. I haven't seen you forever! Where did you get Brylee in gym at? I'm thinking of putting Taylor in one too. Oh and Happy Anniversary the other day! I feel like I have been running around with my head cut off. Call me next week so we can hang out. Taylor is always asking to play with Brylee. And I want to see you too!

Jessica said...

See, I told you jam wasn't hard to make! Gymnastics will be so fun for Brylee! She'll be so good at that.

Megan and Shawn said...

Yum!!! Wish I was there to share in those raspberries!! That looks awesome and great job little Martha on the jam.

Chantri said...

Stacey better not read this post!! We have always enjoyed my mom's supply of homemade jam as well...but I too feel it is time to branch out a bit and make some myself! I am just waiting for things to slow down a bit and I'll be working on my homemaking skills as well! :) YUMMY!

Brittanie said...

Well i did the same thing this year too, except i went out to my mom to make the jam so she helped. It really isnt that hard like you said its just taking the time to do it but once its done its so delish. Anyway its fun to read about you and your family i need to be better at blogging see ya lata!

Natalie said...

I had to laugh because I'm the same way, my mom was the best "Homemaker" and I never paid attention. It finally took me getting married to realize it, now I call like 50 times a week with all sorts a questions about cooking and this and that! Brylee will be so cute in gymnastics, keep us updated!!

Jenny said...

I just made strawberry jam last night! I of course had to call MY mom and ask her how to do it. I was SO wishing that I had raspberries instead of strawberries. But I cant pick them out of me grandma's yard and they are way too expensive out here!