10.24.2008

All by herself....



Yes I am a nice mother who lets her daughter paint her own nails. She actually does really well, but I usually just let her use sparkles or a light pink. Well.....the other day she chose this red color, which is very pretty. She came out and said "look mom, I painted them all by myself!" She was so proud of her work and wanted me to take pics for the blog. (she always asks me to blog pics of her, so funny!) I just love that someday I can show her these pics and laugh about things like this. She's such a fun girl to have around, despite all the drama!
Well this week has been about the longest week ever. Broc has been farming still a little at nights to help them get done and Payson and I have been sick since the weekend, and Brylee got sick today. I really hope this doesn't go on all winter! Tonight I was about pulling my hair out while they were both screaming so I was trying to settle Brylee down by putting in a movie. She walked out to the kitchen, got a sippy and came back to my room and said "mom, I need to go to bed". And it was 8:00!! So here I am blogging while Broc is watching Boise State play....Go Boise! And my kids are in bed early for once in their lives, YEAH! We are late nighters around here. awwww...it feels so good! Tomorrow I am at the Salon all day and to be honest, going to work is a break for me so I am really excited!

9 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

I am so sorry to hear your kids have been sick...It's so hard having your husband gone when you and the kids are not feeling good. I know Joel has really appreciated him, though (if that makes you feel any better! :) ) Tell Brylee I think her nails are SO pretty! :) Maybe she should be a nail tech when she grows up...

Jenny said...

WOW, she is really good. That is about how good my nails look when I paint them. Not kidding.

Bree said...

Great job Brylee! :) Sorry to hear the kids (and you) have been sick. It was so great to chat while you did my hair today. I'm loving it-thank you!!

Talia said...

So funny. Kayla hasn't tried painting her nails yet. Instead she follows me around with the bag of polish and politely points out which color she thinks is pretty. Hint hint mom. When that doesn't work she turns to begging so I finally give in and paint her nails before she does it herself. But she has cut her own hair a few times. Hence why she got a bob this summer. Crazy girl. Between her and Brylee they could start their own salon!!

Jamie . Amanda . Kyla . Dalton . Isabella Meikle said...

You are brave. Looks like she did a great job. Kyla tried that, we now have purple polish all over our couch.

Nicole Stucki said...

That is so cute. Just tonight I caught Taylor with fingernail polish at my mom's house. She was painting her nails and her cousin Ridge's nails too. Ya it was funny!

Stewart Family said...

Wow you are nice. I don't let Kinlee touch the nail polish bottle. She would make a mess. Sorry you were sick. We have been battling the stomach flu at our house.

Annalee Taylor said...

I love when they og to bed early, that is the best. I usually end up waisting time bloggin too! Oh well, what do you do> So...i need to make another appt...my hair is awful right now, I am thinking next thurs or fri? are you working those days> let me know!

Chantri said...

I am sorry you guys have been sick. There is just nothing fun about it...unless the kids go to bed early! :) That's so nice.
What cute little piggies! :) You are such a good mom!