10.01.2008

"See you in the Funny Papers"

The other day I was getting ready to head out the door to work, and Brylee said to me "See you in the funny papers!" I just had to laugh at her because she is so smart and picks up on everything. Her Grandpa Genta says that line to her quite often so I'm assuming that is where she got it. I have been enjoying the things she says to me lately, they can be quite humorous.....

-take your shoes off when you come in the house mom! (she knows the rules alright!)
-Did you hear what I said? (don't know where she got that....;) )
-I will spank your butt (hmmmm take a guess...)
-Payson is my best friend (that one is just plain cute!)
-Mom there's a hairbow downstairs (that's what she calls a hobo) YUCK!!!
-Don't fall off your bed mom (says in a whisper voice when I put her to bed)

All of these things my daughter has said to me lately and I just laugh (even about the spanking one) She is so fun to be around and I'm loving her personality more and more. So to go with this funny post I thought I would share some funny pics.....


Payson loves to wear hats, and this one is a cute yellow one my mom knitted for Brylee last year! He's sure looking good in it though;) It looked funny from the side profile but this is the best shot I could get.


Hard hearted Hannah is what my mom used to call me because I used to put on a tough face and attitude even though I was really tender hearted. Brylee is exactly like me!! She looks tough but she is oh so soft:)
Here is the soft side after some pleading for a decent smile. It's the best we could get, she is one tough cookie when it comes to pictures!!

8 comments:

Jessica said...

haha, I love the "hairbow" spider...that sounds like a way better name =) She's so cute, I'm excited to see you guys!

Ashton & Co. said...

Your kids are so cute- kids say the darndest things! It's good you are writing them down! I like he pic of Brylee with the paci- she will appreciate that when she has kids of her own!

Stevie said...

I really don't know what Ben and I did for entertainment before our kiddos came! It sure makes it all worth while:)

Alicia Alee said...

Your kids are so cute! They do say the funniest things. I need to be better at writing them down, but blogging helps! :) What cuties.

Bree said...

Hahaha. Brylee is a crack up!!! She really has the funnest personality and she is SO CUTE! I love Payson's BLUE eyes!!!

Ashton & Co. said...

Amber- When I did the blog list I had to type in everyone's URL's. It was a pain, but SO worth it. I love seeing who has updated lately. It saves a lot of time! :)

Brandi said...

I am loving Bridger right now for that same reason. He is so much fun to be around. I actually have a piece of paper with a bunch of funny things that he says just waiting to be posted. CUTE KIDS!

The Kay Family said...

I'm glad you're writing these things down. You'll have some funny stories to tell at her graduation party!!!

Your kids are so cute, Amber!