9.28.2008

6 weeks Gone....or is it??

It has been 6 weeks or so since Brylee has been off the paci......well as you can see she's still not over them. Every now and then I will find her in random places sucking on her brothers paci that she's found. Under the shelves in my pantry, under the covers of her bed, in my cupboards, in her Dora tent. All these places I have found her with one and she hurrys and rips it out of her mouth and hands it to me...."Here mom." Like she's being so obedient. Today she had been to all 3 hours of church and came home so tired and still wouldn't nap so she was not happy about me making her wash her hands after she went to the bathroom, or anything else that we would ask her to do. So after a HUGE fit she threw, I took her to lay on her bed to have a time out and after just a minute it got really quiet. Broc's like "Could she really be asleep?" I'm thinking...."yea by some miracle maybe." Well turns out that miracle was the paci that was left in her room by her brother and at this point I didn't even care that she had it, I was just happy that she was sleeping! Bad I know. She loves these things so much that once she gets one in her mouth she just passes out. Kind of nice once in a while:) So as for today, I gave in and didn't take it away, and it was so worth it. I have a happy, rested little girl now!

10 comments:

Jenny said...

That is hilarious!! That picture cracked me up.

Bree said...

haha. Cracks me up that she does that and it cracks me up that it works like a charm!! Oh well if you gave in...at least she got a nap and you got some peace & quiet!

Jeremy and Nicole Stucki said...

That is too funny! She is quite the little character! I love your new blog look!

Brittanie said...

Oh that is so cute. Its so hard to break those things that give them comfort. Brooklyn is having a hard time giving up the bottle, or should i say i am have a hard time giving it up.

Amy said...

(Amy Leatham here...) Sooo cute. I haven't seen your family for a while. They are darling, and you are a good mom. Stay in touch- (amyturning35.blogspot.com)

The Mendenhall's said...

Don't worry our little Caden is still on them too. I don't even care. It makes him go to sleep so good! So did you know we are in the same ward? We were going to the student ward and we just switched. we were so excited to find out you guys go there too!

The Genta Family said...

What a little PRINCESS! She's so funny! I love your new family picture and I love that both your kids have a serious face on! Funny, funny. Also love the new blog makeover, very cute for fall!

Stewart Family said...

Paci's are such a pain. They sure are nice until it's time to take them away. That picture is too funny. I don't blame you one bit for letting her have it, sometimes you have to do whatever it takes to get some peace and quiet! Back at the credit union huh? Fun stuff

The Cooks said...

I like the black! So tell me what do you think of my new addition to my family. Bella the dog.. She's cute we love her! Well we are coming up on the 10th so plan on hangin out! Love ya

Jamie . Amanda . Kyla . Dalton . Isabella Meikle said...

I hated the battle of takeing Kyla off the pacifier. Dalton did not get one for that reason. Love you family pictures. They are very cute.