2.12.2009

Preparing for {Valentines Day}

Today Brylee and I put together some treat sacks that i volunteered to bring to her preschool for their little Valentines party tomorrow. So while Payson was napping we put them together and then he woke up to this sucker, which he was pretty happy about:)

this picture is just adorable so i had to share...he's so cute!

And here's Brylee being very proud of our little project! She felt so cool helping me put them together.

And this next picture was from a few days ago but i wanted to post it cuz i love how nurturing he is with the babies. He loves to take care of them and feed them:) Hadsome little man he is....
{Baked Potatoe Soup}
I told a couple of you that i would put this recipe on here so here it is!
1/4 C. butter
1/4 C. onion
1/4 C. flour
1 can chicken broth
1 can evaporated milk
3 baked potatoes
4 strips cooked bacon
1/2 C. cheese
Melt butter over medium heat; add onion and stir in flour(i let onion simmer for a few before i add flour). Stir in broth and evaporated milk. Scoop potatoe pulp from one potatoe. mash and add to mixture. Cook on medium until it comes to a boil. Cube potatoes and add to soup. Heat. Season with salt and pepper. Top with bacon and cheese.
(this is a great meal to make with leftover baked potatoes) and when i stirred everything in i did it pretty slow to give it a good consistancy. AND i love cheese so i put more cheese in than it calls for;) Enjoy!

8 comments:

Jenny said...

That recipe sounds really good. Can't wait to try it!!

Jessica said...

I guess that happens when you have a girl first and boy second...Hallie definitely is having more "girly" tendancies as she grows older, but she still points her little fingers and shoots at things. Payson is one handsome little guy isn't he.

Leishman Family said...

That recipe sounds so yummy!! I'll have to use turkey bacon cuz I can't have pork or I'll go anaphalatic(don't think I spelled that right!) Cute Valentine's bags, I wish I was in her preschool class!!

Leishman Family said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Colette said...

The recipe looks yummy! Her bags look really cute, hope her party turned out fun! That looks like a blackmail picture if I ever saw one!

The Kay Family said...

AAAWWW!! They're both stinkin' adorable!

Nicole Stucki said...

And so it begins volunteering for schools projects. haha. I can't believe Brylee is getting that old. And that soup sounds so good. I'm for sure trying it!

Chantri said...

What a cute Valentine for the little kiddos! How fun that you got to help out...can't wait for that!
I am dying to try the soup recipe. YUM! Thanks for posting it.