8.23.2009

{7 Years}

On the 16th Broc and I had our 7 year anniversary. We had Co-ed softball tournament that weekend so we planned our little get away for the next weekend. We had originally planned on going to utah but Broc won this 2 night stay at the Sawtelle Mountain Resort in Island Park and so we decided to use that instead. I am so glad we did because it was the funnest weekend. The cabin we stayed in was so nice and had a hot tub and was about 3 stories. It's a place where you can rent cabins or hotels or even camp spots and there's an indoor pool there too. It was so nice!
We got there late friday night and watched Twlight when we got there because Broc read the book this last week in 4 days! I know i couldn't believe it either, but he really liked the book so he had to see the movie again. Then Saturday we slept in and then took a ride on the mule (it's an ATV not a donkey;) haha) to Bigsprings to feed the fish, then we looped around to Ponds Lodge and had lunch. Then we headed back to the cabin and met up with our friends, the Pena's to go on another Mule ride up to Sawtelle and then to grill out. We made some dang good food, i was sick after we ate! We watched 2 more movies that night and went to bed way too late but it was so nice and relaxing to just hang out with my hubby and not have to fight screaming kids:) I did miss them though and was glad to get home.

This is up on top of Sawtelle Mountain....so high and i was super scared on the way up on the switchback road.




This is us on our morning Mule ride. Broc decided to take pics while i was driving so i have some sweet hair:) haha


This is us trying to take pics (there was no one to take one for us so we did individuals) but anyways this was before we left that morning. (i should have worn a hat, i had the worst hair at the end of the ride)


Feeding the fish at Bigsprings

I had a really good time. Happy 7 years to my wonderful man, i look forward to many more!

11 comments:

Colette said...

How fun. Your mule ride sounds so fun and your hair always looks great!! The ride to Sawtelle Mountain is a little scary isn't it, but so worth it.

Nicole Stucki said...

Stayed up late "relaxing" right......Lol. I'm glad you guys had a good time and I love the pictures. You guys are too cute!

Leishman Family said...

Looks like you guys had a good time!! Really beautiful view!! Congrats on the 7 years, crazy how time flies by huh?

Brittanie said...

That sounds like a ton of fun! I've been up on the Sawtelle mountain and it is a little scary. Island Park is so great for a little get away. Its just calm and peaceful up there. Congrats on 7 years!

Annalee Taylor said...

Happy Anni... 7 years, crazy. Your so dang cute...I hate people like you that look good even in the wind! LOL. I need a weekend like this....no kids, in my dreams!

Jessica said...

HOW FUN for you guys! I love to go on rides (we have a rhino). Cute pictures. So glad you guys got to get away - happy 7!

Bree said...

Happy Anniversary!! You guys are SO cute!! I'm glad you had such a nice fun getaway. Oh, and please teach me how to do my hair like that--it looks so cute and I've tried it, but it never turns out! Can't wait to see you Thursday!! :)

Meg said...

I can't believe you got Broc to read Twilight!! Love it.. It sounds like such a great way to celebrate 7 years! I always forget we were married on the same day, Just year apart :-) I love all the pictures you two are super cute!

Jessica said...

glad you could get away for your anniversary. and you're hair looks way better than mine does on a normal day...i wouldn't worry about it =) and how did you get broc to read twilight...any book for that matter...oh wait...he's not Travis =)

Jessica said...

cute bandaid

Amber said...

HAHAHA thanks Jess;) i picked it out myself.