5.03.2010

5 Year Well Check....(a not so fun trip!)



This pretty girl will be 5 in a month. When we went to register for Kindergarten I didn't have her immunization records so I decided to just get her shots done and get the records right then. The appointment went well and seemed to be just fine and she knew she was getting a shot. Or so we thought it was just "a shot"....oh no....it was 5 shots!!! I guess we were behind on a shot. It was horrible. I had to hold her on my lap and hold her legs with mine and hold her arms down too. The poor girl was so sad. We went and got a blizzard afterwards and that seemed to help. I felt so helpless! She is done with shots until she is 11 though. Here are her stats for my records:

Height 3 ft. 5 1/2 in.
Wight 37 lbs.
In about the 30th percentile for both
And as healthy as can be! She is ready for Kindergarten!


She dressed herself and picked out a hair flower that didn't match but it still looked cute. She insisted even after I tried to get her to wear a green flower:) She also loves to use my old purses to play with. It's about as big as her! HA! Love this girl.

11 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

She's so cute! I can't believe you're old enough to have a 5 year old - wow you're ancient! :) She looks fantastic with her huge flower in her hair!

The Kay Family said...

She's so pretty Amber! Tell Broc to get his guns ready....you're gonna have problems with the boys for sure!!!

Jessica said...

Poor girl! The older they are, the harder it is to me.
She looks adorable.
Cute purse by the way....

Colette said...

But check out how the purse matches what she is wearing Mom!! Too bad about the shots, OUCH.

Brandi said...

Poor little thing. I seriously think that is such a hard part of being a mom...doing the things you know that we need to do, but causing pain to our little ones. So hard! Poor little thing. I think ice cream can make everything better.

If that is an old purse, I will be happy to take it off your hands.

Fullmer said...

Hey Amber! I just made my blog private but don't have your email address to add you, so if you could send it to me that would be great! aubrey_fullmer@hotmail.com

Tyler and Jaimee said...

She is so cute! I cant believe you have a 5 year old. She is adorable that is sad about the shots! But a blizzard really can help just about anything :)

Your blog is so cute! I wish I knew how to put my handwriting on it and stuff. So fun!

the Virgins said...

Amber she is SO dang cute! Sad for her that she had to get so many shots..they are definately not fun! Atleast she got a blizzard out of it :)

Talia said...

Wow I've missed a lot of your cute posts! Brylee is so adorable- her dance pictures were precious! Kayla keeps missing hers with our frequent moves. Poor kid. Hopefully we'll settle down soon. Your new puppy is so cute! I loved all your pictures. You always look so pretty and your kids are the cutest!! Where's number three?? Haha. Bet you get that a lot. But hey, when you make such beautiful babies you gotta expect it. :) I'm still not ready for another one! Miss you and the rest of the Beehive girls!! TTYS

Unknown said...

shots are great! i know its a hard thing for the kid, parent AND nurse to endure! glad you all made it through!

Ashton & Co. said...

SHe is so cute! :)