5.25.2010

First ride of the year

My dad on his horse...Doc
Broc riding Brody
This is my horse....Nugget...hate the name, need to change!
My cowboy;)

Ha Brylee and Sophie look so funny....the wind was blowing so hard. Dang wind, I could live without it!!!
I had the funnest horse ride last saturday! We just went to an indoor arena because the weather was crappy but I got to work my horse pretty good and I have been sore ever since. I am pretty dang excited to ride all summer. Last summer my horse was crippled and we almost put him down. His feet were bad (it's called foundering) after being on fresh grass all last spring and not being used all winter. I guess it's like us losing toenails and walking on those toes:/ That's how my dad put it. So he was pretty tender on the feet. After my good friends dad trimmed him up and my dad nursed him back to health, he is now doing as good as ever. Thanks to my dad for having patience and spending the time because I cried alot just thinking of putting him down. I'm so glad we didn't give up on him!

Can't wait for summer! (should be here any day I hope)

3 comments:

Beth Willmore said...

OH man I'm with ya! I can't wait to get some good riding in this summer - although I've been told by our farrier that I need to put my mare down because her foot isn't sound (the one that she tore up when she went through that fence last year) so we'll see what happens - I'd hate to do that!

Brian and Krista said...

We should go ride together! seriously.. call me next time!!

Bree said...

That looks so fun! I can't remember the last time I was on a horse...ok, so I've only ridden like three times my whole life! haha! One of these days (when I'm home of course) I'll have to talk you into taking me!! :)