4.01.2008

One Year checkup....




Today poor little Payson had to experience the "One year Well-Baby check" where he recieved 5 immunization shots! Grandpa Genta told him he looked like a christmas ornament when he saw the 4 silver shiny bandaids on his little legs. I forgot his appointment last week and so today Broc took him for me and he didn't want to because he knows how the screaming process goes after the shots.....(men don't handle that as well).

Weight: 18 lb. 1 oz. They told Broc he was in the 1 percentile for weight! That has got to be wrong, he is small but I don't think he is that small. So it sounds like we need to put him on a little diet to gain some weight. He just doesn't have the appetite that his big sis does. Skinny or not we love him just the way he is!



7 comments:

Annalee Taylor said...

that cant be right! He is small, but not that small! I think Broc wasnt listening...imagine that!! I have to do the same thing next week with Mack, his last appointment they were out of the immunization he needed so this time he has to get double...sad day for us! I would love it if Randall would take him...that is the worst thing ever.
I am surprised that he is 18 lbs...Mack was 18 at his last appointment, but I dont think he has gained much...I would think that Payson weighed less...see, he isnt so small!

Jenny said...

Immunizations are the worst! Its so sad, especially when you have to hold them down and they look at you like you did it! 18 lbs is tiny to me, but probably because Lilly weighed almost 23 lbs at her 12 months app.

Bree said...

Oh I love that 2nd picture--SO cute! That's nice you got out of that appt...I HATE seeing Avri get her shots while she just looks at me with her sad tear-filled eyes like, "Mom, why are you letting them do this?" Yeah, I don't think that percentile is right either...Avri was 17 lbs 10 oz. at her 1-yr and they said she was in the 5th. Hmm. But I am glad Avri has a buddy that's little like her! One day they'll catch up!

Nicole Stucki said...

He is just so dang good looking. I hate taking my kids to get shots. Lucky for me Jeremy comes with me every time. I can't handle shots. Taylor weighed like 19 lbs at a year so Payson is not far behind.

Natalie said...

That's funny because I just got on here to post about Carson's one year checkup that was today. I can't believe he is in the 1%, Carson's only in the 25% so we got little shrimpo's!:) I HATE the shots although we only had to get 3, poor Payson! He's as cute as ever!

Stewart Family said...

I hate shots. Dal just got his 1 year shots a couple weeks ago. It is terrible. Dal weighed 30 lbs 9 oz at his 1 year check up, he was in the 99 percentile! Payson is such a cutie, he has such a cute little smile.

Meg said...

He is seriously one of the cutest little boys I have ever seen! His face just makes my heart melt! I love the picture of him sitting on the couch/chair and looking up!