5.30.2008

EnGaGeMeNt TaG....


Since today is the 6 year mark from when Broc proposed, I thought it was the perfect time to do the engagement tag I got from Nicole Pena a while back.....so I am doing it late, but better late than never right?!
So basically in a nutshell I met Broc when I was very young and we wrote while he was on his mission and then......well we just couldn't keep away from eachother after his mission. I think everyone thought "She's so young!" I know I thought that and my mom did too but what do ya do when your in love??? So we dated my whole senior year and I remember Broc saying many times that he just really wanted to get married. He went to his friends wedding (Mike) and he called me when he got out of the temple and said "I just want to get married!" I know you can't picture him being like that, it was that surprising to me too. So we of course planned on getting married but I was not going to have a ring while I was still in High School. So about 10 days after I graduated he took me up 4-wheeling in the mountains and he wanted to get all the way up to the relay towers (that's above green canyon) but there was snow that blocked the way. I thought we were going to check cattle gates for Curtis Ferney cuz it was his ranch at the time so I hadn't even gotten ready and I had a hat on. So Broc stopped at this spot that was so pretty and had the best view and he's like "lets take some pictures" so right then I knew something was weird cuz he wanted to "take pictures". so he went and got the camera out of the 4 wheeler and we took our pictures and were just standing there when he pulled out the ring and got on one knee! (I don't remember what all was said it was kind of a blur) It was very cute and I will never forgot how giddy we both were. That was on May 30th 2002 (he broke his nose the 31st in a co-ed softball game and that's a whole other story), then we were married August 16th. Being married to my best friend is the greatest thing ever! He always makes me laugh and he definately knows how to put up with me:) It was my dream to marry him from the day I met him at 15 years old. I just knew that was the kind of guy I wanted to be with forever. Thanks Broc for being a part of my life and being so good to me all the time! (He's my little errand boy, he always picks up my midnight snacks for me and helps me run errands!) Love you!
(oh and to this day he tells people that he didn't have a choice about marrying me because I already had the Temple scheduled- which he totally had me do because we couldnt get engaged sooner because I was in high school-So just for the record it was mutual!)

13 comments:

The Pena family said...

You look like such a baby! You were young...but wasn't it worth it. I'm so glad you told your story. It's kind of fun to hear how everybody got started off.

Nicole Stucki said...

I love that story. I don't think I knew the full thing. You guys are the cutest couple. Always so much fun to be around. I am so glad that our hubbys are friends so we were able to meet and become friends!

Annalee Taylor said...

Cute story, you guys look so young in that pic, I remember your wedding and reception, it was so crazy cause all of us were fresh out of high school, I thought it would be like 5 years before it was my turn...little did I know I was right behind you! I am glad we got married young, less time to screw around right?! For me anyway! Your a great couple.

Megan and Shawn said...

I love your engagement pics - it really seems like a while ago, and I love to think about that time too b/c thats when Shawn and I started dating! I think the whole "lets go to the temple and watch my friend get married" thing helps to convince them and us that it would be a good idea - so thanks to your marriage here we are! Happy B-day to Brylee! She is such a cute girl, Sam is sooooo lucky to have her lined up.

Ashton & Co. said...

I remember getting that picture! You are SO photogenic and beautiful! What a fun story to share.

Jessica said...

6 years later you are still just as pretty! it was fun hearing your egagement story, even though we're family we don't talk about that stuff.

Bree said...

Cute! I love that you wanted to marry Broc from day 1 and you were only 15!! You two are an awesome couple. Happy 6th...in a couple months! :)

TJay and Jenni said...

So cute. I love your story. Did you know that Broc used to live behind me when we were younger. So, when me and you hung out when we were younger, he was probably close by. Pretty cool.

Stewart Family said...

What a cute picture, you both look so young. That is a cute story. How did Brylee's birthday party go? Hope she had a fun day.

Meg said...

I can't believe how fast time goes by! I love the story of Broc proposing...and that picture is so cute.. I never realized we got married on the same date :-)

The Cooks said...

Oh Cute! And to think I had a part of it :) Love ya.. Well i have to admit, im glad you were there at my engagement. Can't wait to see ya!

brockandericka said...

lol ha ha!! i know it is about stinken time huh!!! i wish i was in the burg but i am not!!!:( i need to come see all of you!! i miss ya guys like crazy!! well guess what..... i got my papers today and i am taking laser the 12th and on the 16th i am schedualed at 8 in the freaken morning ha ha !! have you got your papers yet?? well i hope you are the same time with me lol!! i am kinda stinken nervous lol ha ha !! well fill me in!!!:)

brockandericka said...
This comment has been removed by the author.