5.11.2008

Getting organized....

I don't know why I decided to do all this tonight, maybe it's because I hate clutter and couldn't take the fact that my lack of attention on the kids closets was getting so bad that I couldn't even go into Brylee's to get her clothes anymore! sheeesh, look at that pile. That girl knows how to make a mess. I swear there is no other spot in my house that was or is this bad! I just dreaded having to go through all the toys and dolls and junk. I went and bought the coolest little organizing racks at Kmart this weekend and I'm so glad I did because the closets look 100 times better! Plus they had girl and boy colors so I got one of both, how cute! I thought I would wait until I was out of school to start this process but I couldn't stand it anymore. How embarassing that I am posting this but....here's to you Annalee:) You wanted to see the dirty work.


this is after I ripped all that junk out... Here's that pile of...I don't even know what to call it.




















After... I went through all that stuff and threw a bunch away. Ahhhh so much better. There's actually a closet there now. And all of her baby's are in their own little basket. (now the tricky part is training her to put things back in their bin when she's done with them....HAHA yea right!)

















Paysons closet was not quite as bad but it still needed the work! So much better!!! I think I might just sleep great tonight!

Here's a before and after...

9 comments:

Nicole Stucki said...

Their closets look amazing! I love the organizers. And the decorating in Brylees room is just adorable. I need you to come to my house and help me!

Stewart Family said...

Wow I am impressed. I have always looked at those bins at Kmart and wondered if they would be cute. I love them. I may have to invest in some.

Bree said...

Holy smokes! You did a great job! Crazy that little kids can get so messy, huh! Way to be brave and post the pics too!!

Chantri said...

You GO GIRl! You have been totally busy! I love those organizers too. I go crazy some days too with all the clutter and mismatched toy sets and such...just today I was looking around the house at Logan's messes and though it is time to do another round of toy-de-junking! Thanks for giving me a kick to get it done! :)

The Jensen's said...

Congrats on your organization. It always feels good to complete a project like that.

Annalee Taylor said...

NICE WORK! See, I told you it makes you feel so much better! It looks amazing too, I love those storage thingys I might have to go get one of them. I love that you posted this...I still go back and look at my dirty post! It makes you feel like you actually accomplished something!

Ashton & Co. said...

I know how you feel about closets, that's what I have been doing this past week. I won't take pics of mine, though, cuz they STILL don't look that good. I bought the same little tub organizers last year and they really do make clutter look nice. I hope you had a good Mother's Day and thanks for all your help with my blog! ( I may need your help when I change it over to private) have a good one!

Tara Mortensen said...

Your a good woman to post before and after pictures! I have the same organizer for Adrie....it works wonders with the mass amounts of toys that pile up!

Megan and Shawn said...

What a good idea! It would be great not have like 12 baskets and piles of toys in every corner. I love it. Yea! for being done with school. That is so great.