11.21.2008

Messes all day....

Is winter really just beginning? I don't know what I am going to do with this girl clear til summer. Everyday she asks me if it's almost Summer yet and I say "No, not for a long time". Every day I clean up countless messes. Mostly her closet because she drags about 50 outfits out a day to try on and most of the time they end up looking something like this.......

that outfit consists of her legging/stretch pants and shirt with polka dot tights over the stretch pants, Payson't Nike jacket (a few sizes too small there) and her silver shoes over the tights. Nice taste don't ya think?! I think she gets it from her dad but who knows......
At least she loves her brother.....

Now this next outfit is pretty snazzy, she's got on her outfit for the day but just in case it gets warm enough to swim we've got the swimsuit layer so it will be a quick change! So efficient! (but so not wanting me to take a pic, she was not happy that I was laughing at her outfit choice, she meant serious business and it was early in the morning for her)

All these outfit changes a day do wear a girl out! Miracles DO happen I discovered today. I was so dang tired I decided to lay on my bed. I seriously can't get Brylee to nap anymore, I've tried everything. So while she was watching a movie in the family room I went and layed down and pretty soon she came in and climbed in my bed with me and then I heard the heavy breathing, so I turned to see this......

What a sweetheart. She finally gave in and let herself fall asleep for a MUCH needed nap. I just need to find more activities for her to do all day because I am going to go crazy with a messy house all winter. I just realized today why I am going crazy and feel like I can't keep up. This is my first winter home with 2 kids! Last winter I was at school all day everyday so my house stayed much cleaner. And when Brylee was the only child, she didn't create near the messes, but with two kids......holy cow the laundry, the dishes, the toys, the clutter!!! I will never know or understand how my mom had 6 kids. Oh well I still love my kids more than anything, it's just going to be a long winter.....

11 comments:

Stewart Family said...

I totally agree. It has even snowed yet and we are already getting cabin fever. The little kids craft section in Walmart has lots of fun stuff to do if Brylee is in to that sort of thing. They have beads, googly eyes, feathers, clay, ect. Kinlee loves to pick stuff and do little crafts. It keeps her entertained for a little while. I love Brylee's clothes. She has quite the eye for style. What a cutie.

Jessica said...

Isn't it so sweet to see your kids asleep! I love her outfits...I can just see her and you in 10 years fighting over what she's wearing to school =) I was going to email you this long list of kid activities to do, but I thought I'd post them here for anyone else to see them that wants to. I've had to find things to do with the kids I babysit and my own kids since it rains everyday, so here's the list I've created!

-playdough
-bean bags (i made some with extra fabric and food storage beans)
-picnics inside
-legos/blocks
-stickers/cutting/glueing
-flannel board stories
-cards/puzzles
-making cookies
-living room obstacle course
-treasure hunt
-scavenger hunt
-animal line-up (I made this up, but I tell the kids they have to go across the room like a bear, or a horse, cow, frog etc.)
-bowling (plastic cups and a ball)
-water color painting
-dancing (i get cd's at the library and they love to dance. The kids like Raffi & Greg&Steve)

I hope this helps! I got most of the puzzles, cards, paints, crafts at Walmart for pretty good price and organized them all in a cupboard so the kids go there to pick something to do. They're already getting tired of the stuff I just barely got so we'll see how long it lasts us!

Talia said...

We finally gave up on naps for Kayla too. By the time I'd get her to sleep it'd be so late in the day that she'd never go to be at night. So we decided it wasn't worth it. But yes, the messes. Kayla and Evan can destroy the place in a minute flat. It doesn't help that I'm busy with Lauren sometimes. I know I'm in trouble when they get too quiet!! You could take them to the library to check out books or go to storytime, or indoor play gyms/houses. Or a matinee every now and then. That way they get "out" but still stay mainly out of the cold, and your house stays cleaner. Good luck!! Let me know if you think of any fun ideas. I love Brylee's outfits BTW. She cracks me up!! What a funny girl.

Bree said...

Hahaha. She's too funny!! Looove the outfits!! I'm sure she'll grow up to have dang cute taste like her mama! SO glad she finally took a nap for you!!

Damien and Ashley said...

I totally know how you feel! I love her outfits, they are hilarious! My boys do something similiar--they change in and out of different sports uniforms all day long. They seriously wear them like everyday, shorts and tank tops (brrr...), and my oldest will even put his school clothes over a uniform, just so when he gets home, he can tear off his clothes and get back to playin'! It's funny. Winter is always tricky for me to find things to keep them busy...you've got some good ideas from you comments! I might have to steal some! :)

Nicole Stucki said...

She REALLY does change her clothes every hour. It is so dang funny. You just need Taylor to come over and keep her occuppied. It works out great. I'm so glad you got everything done that you needed to do today.

Ashton & Co. said...

So many cute new posts! (Love your dark hair by the way!) Brylee and Tess could be BFF. She changes clothes ALL the time, and manages to get them all dirty... Brylee is darling, Payson his handsome with his new "do" and DOES look good in pink! :) Hope you have a good Thanksgiving!

Hekal said...

oh amber i am going to miss you and these cute little kids so much...and seriously you call when broc decides to take you away for the weekend!

Jeppesens said...

Brylee is so funny. I have been lucky so far. Neither of my girls change clothes that often. I feel for you when it comes to naps.. bailee quit napping when she was 2. Ella is a little better. What are you guys doing for thanksgiving? Come over and see us if you are at the Genta's. Rach and ty are coming up. Talk to you soon.

Brittanie said...

She is dang cute! Brooklyn is in that stage where she goes from drawer to drawer pulling things out and draging them around the house. I feel like all i do is clean. I agree summer is too far away!

Alicia Alee said...

What a funny girl! She cracks me up. What a cutie. It makes me feel so much better that you can relate with all the clutter, etc.! Kids are MESSY! We are lucky with getting out though; it is still so warm here in AZ we are hardly wearing jackets yet so that helps. Hang in there! ;)