12.03.2008

Thanksgiving 2008


This is Brylee's cute little Gingerbread house she made!

We had a really good Thanksgiving this year. It was very busy but we had such a good time! Both sides of the family were here so it was back and forth between our parents houses all weekend. Brylee had a blast with her cousins! I was sad to see the weekend end even though I was so tired by Sunday. Here is a little recap of what we did....


-Wednesday I took my brother down to American Eagle to get him some clothes. It was so good to spend some time with him and just talk. He is such a good brother...we need to find him a wife! ;)
-Thursday, Thanksgiving, we stuffed ourselves at my inlaws and just hung out while the kids played. Then that evening we went to my mom's where we played some fun games. It was so fun, we laughed so hard. It's been a long time since we've been able to play games, but now all the grandkids are getting old enough to play with us or they just go play with eachother. The funnest game is ImaginIFF. So fun, we love playing that. A good day overall!
-Friday I got up and went to I.F. to do a little Christmas shopping with my sis. I was not impressed with the sales at all. I did get what I needed though so that was good. Then we played games again that night! It was so good to just hang out with my siblings and laugh. I also did my sisters hair and cut my nieces hair.
-Saturday we slept in! love doing that. Then I was able to attend a sealing of my friend Amanda and her cute family! We are so blessed to have this temple so close, it was so neat to see their little family sealed to one another. Later we went out to Broc's parents and I went to a little jewlery/purse/scentsy and many more things party with the girls. Then I cut my 2 nephews and brother in laws hair. Then over to my mom's we went and I did 4 more haircuts! It was crazy but I love to do it. And of course we played more games!
-Sunday Payson was pretty sick so we just lounged all day!

it was a crazy busy weekend but it turned out so good! I now have a little boy with strep- throat and a messy house from trying to decorate for christmas. I hope to get that all wrapped up tonight. I love this time of year.....I think we need snow for Christmas though!

5 comments:

Megan and Shawn said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm so excited to come home for Christmas, we need to get together if we can! I know its always busy but maybe lunch or something! I also LOVE Brylee's outfits! That is so funny - what a fashionista!

Jeppesens said...

Sounds chaotically fun!! I decided that sometimes it is hard having both families in the same town. Just when you get settled you are off to another house. Sometimes I think it would be nice to just stay in one play, but that never happens. Sounds like you had a fun weekend. I love the holidays. It is fun to just hang out with the fam and eat a lot of good foods!! I hope payson gets feeling better.

Nicole Stucki said...

Looks like your thanksgiving was as busy as ours! Love this time of year. So what do you want to do on your bday? Any lunch plans? We should go out and go shopping!

Bree said...

Holy cow, you did a ton!! Glad you had so much fun with your families. I'll have to look up that game--both our families are big game players. So sad that Payson has strep!! :( Hope he's better soon!! We'll have to fit in one more lunch date before the new year! :)

Alicia Alee said...

Wow, sounds like you were so busy! Don't you love the craziness of holidays! Sure makes time fly. And we definitely miss all that family fun now that we're down here in AZ by our lonesome. Too bad your little guy had strep! Hope he's feeling better ~