12.07.2008

Quarter of a Century....

Yesterday was my 25th birthday, and I just have to say that I have the best friends and family! I got alot of really good calls, and some fun gifts. I was not planning on getting anything from Broc this year. We have definately had to cut back on spending this year like most everyone else. I really didn't want anything because I have realized in this struggling economy that we are SO lucky to have all that we have and that Broc still has a job. I am just so grateful that he isn't in a postion to be layed off. Anyways so all I told Broc I wanted was a date with him. Wish Granted! Before we left he gave me a sweet card with some money in it. I really didn't want him to give me anything, but he's just too nice and still kept apologizing that he didn't do more. I am so grateful to have a husband who just wants to take care of our family. He took me to I.F. where we had some good food, did some shopping and saw a very funny movie (Four Christmases)! Thanks Broc for making it a special day for me!

I just wanted to end this post with a picture that I love. Payson is so sweet and we just love having him in our home. This was yesterday before we dropped him off at my mom's house. Isn't he so cute!?!? I love that smile!

15 comments:

Ashton & Co. said...

What cute posts! I have been needing to catch up! Looks like a fun thanksgiving. Your kids are so cute- that pic of Payson in the car is precious! Your tree looks beautiful and happy late b-day! I wish I was just turning 25...(my 30th is on saturday! OUCH!)

Jamie . Amanda . Kyla . Dalton . Isabella Meikle said...

Happy Birthday. I am glad you got what you wanted from Broc.He is a good man. Thanks for being such a great friend. I still feel so close even through we live in different places. Have a great Christmas.

Jessica said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY! I guess I didn't feel bad for not calling cause you didn't call me =) haha, just kidding, we rembembered it was your birthday but it was so late we decided not to call. A quarter of a century seems OLD you grandma! Can't wait to see you guys! Pays is adorable.

Brian and Krista said...

Happy late Birthday!! Sounds like you had tons of fun!!

The Kay Family said...

Sorry Amber! Yours is even one I usually remember...I've been distracted lately! Glad you had a fun day. The older you get the less you care about birthdays. Good food and friends are all that matters. :) Happy Birthday and glad you had a good date!

The Kay Family said...

P.S. Yes, Payson is adorable!

Bree said...

AHHHH! Sorry I forgot! For some reason I always think it's at the end of December! Oops! Well, HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! I'm pretty sure that's what I told James I wanted for my bday this year too...and that's what he did!! It's just so nice to have a night out! Glad you had such a great day! And the pic of Brylee's fight is hilarious!!!!

Nicole Stucki said...

Oh I'm so glad you had a good day! And yes 27 dresses is the cutest show ever. I think I ranked it as my favorite chick flick. I love Brylee's fight. Sounds like another little girl I know. And Payson is such a stinker. He is going to be a ladies man. But I call first that he is Sadie's hubby. Haha.

Jeppesens said...

Happy late BD. Sounds like you had a good time. Your husband is very sweet.Don't blink because before you know it you will be almost 30. That is crazy to me. One more year and I will be there. 30 is still young, but it makes me feel old to be almost there!!

Stewart Family said...

Happy Happy Birthday. Glad you had a fun day. A date with your hubby is always the best gift. That hat on Payson is so cute. What a little stud.

Whitney said...

Cute picture of Payson. I'm glad your day turned out good. It is always good to have fun and be surprised on your special day.

Stevie said...

Happy Birthday! We're both very lucky to have such wonderful men in our lives! Some times all you need is a date with the hubby to make you feel better!

Annalee Taylor said...

I was going to text you HAPPY BDAY! but couldnt remember if it was the 6th or the 9th! I should have trusted my instincts! Happy birthday, I cant believe we are getting so old...ugh.

Damien and Ashley said...

Hope you had a great birthday! Can you believe we are 25 years old!!!! Craziness!

Chantri said...

Happy Birthday...a little late, sorry! I have been so busy that I haven't checked private blogs for a while. I have SO much catching up to do! I am glad you had such a great day...it's true all we want is a date! Payson is so darling! Love his hat!

I am in desperate need of a hair cut!!! and color too since I have over an inch grow-out! When are you available? You can e-mail me studio.ck@hotmail.com.
Thanks!