1.04.2009

Christmas with the Kays {2008}

This year for Christmas my mom rented a cabin up in Driggs for our entire family (27 people!). It's the cabin of Dawn Wells, she played Maryanne on Gilligans island....anyways we had alot of fun! We went the day after Christmas and stayed 2 days. It was a little crazy with the sleeping situation, my mom warned us it would be like camping and boy was it for me! There were nearly 25 of us within 2 HUGE rooms that were pretty much right next to eachother, it was just a big loft with a door splitting it in half. There were enough beds but little kids just don't do well in a room full of people when they sleep. So we didn't last for the second night. Other than that everything was so fun!! We played games, went sledding, drank hot chocolate, had a talent show, watched movies and of course ate TONS of yummy food! My mom worked really really hard for this and it turned out so nice. We are even planning on doing it again, i think we are just going to be getting a bigger cabin with more rooms:)

Brylee and Payson were so worn out when we got home because of the non-stop fun that they had. It was so nice to sit and laugh and enjoy eachothers company. I love my family! My brothers were so awesome because they stayed out in the snow building a big hill and a jump for the kids to tube on (even i got a turn!) It was fun, I hadn't been sledding in years. I forgot I even had snowclothes! Then my other brother Justin is awesome with photography and he took all the pics, so thanks to him i have some decent ones. Thanks for the fun time everybody! xoxoxo

7 comments:

Jeppesens said...

Looks like fun. I love going up to cabins and playing in the snow. We haven't been up to ours in awhile. Work this year complicated things. Also bailee got her tonsils out the day after xmas.

Bree said...

Glad you had such a great Christmas! The cabin looks like a blast!!! I've been a sick hermit the past couple weeks so we'll have to plan lunch or something SOON! I need to get out! :) And I really need to get my hair done too!! Talk to you soon!

Nicole Stucki said...

I love your face when your going over that jump! I'm glad you guys had a good time. I want to do that with my family.

Chantri said...

Those pictures are awesome of you going over the jump! I laughed so hard at your facial expression. How fun! I am glad you guys had a great time. And kids not sleeping makes for a long night! We need to get a good time to get together--I still can't figure out what you need help with cuz your layouts are AWESOME! Seriously!

Jamie . Amanda . Kyla . Dalton . Isabella Meikle said...

Sounds like a blast. Great ideas. Oh, Love the scrapbook page.

Talia said...

Looks like so much fun!! The most snow my kids got was that crazy snowstorm a few weeks back. I'm sure they'd love to go sledding! What a great way to spend time with family- even if sleeping arrangements were a bit crazy! Cute pictures!

Talia said...

Looks like so much fun!! The most snow my kids got was that crazy snowstorm a few weeks back. I'm sure they'd love to go sledding! What a great way to spend time with family- even if sleeping arrangements were a bit crazy! Cute pictures!