7.20.2009

{Grandma} i love you....




My sweet Grandma Grover fell and broke her hip a little over 4 weeks ago now. I have been to see her a couple of times this past week. It breaks my heart to see someone so special to me down and in pain. She is doing good as far as pain goes but she has lost a lot of weight because she wouldn't eat much in the hospital. (she was tiny to begin with and never did eat much) She is eating better now that she is at my aunts but things still don't look to good. She is one spunky 93 year old who loves to do anything active and to always look her best. When we were taking these pics, her weak little hands would come up to try to fix her hair. She can't really talk at this point but she does let you know that she wants to look nice. I see alot of myself in her:) I love her so much and hope the best for her. Love you Grandma!

8 comments:

Bree said...

How sweet, Amber! Hopefully she'll be up and better soon. I'm sure your visits with the kids make her day! :)

The Kay Family said...

Oh Amber, this makes me cry. I'm so glad we get to come over soon to see her. Thanks for posting this. It's nice to see she still has a bit of sparkle left in her eyes!!

Colette said...

What a nice post. It is so hard when they just can't heal like they used to. Hoping for the best for your sweet Grandma!

Jessica said...

Hi Amber! I check out your blog every now and again, and link to you from Brandi and Chant.
Brandi and Chant are some great friends of mine, and I should have been leaving comments a LONG time ago. ~~We all LOVE comments -right?!
Any ways.... I just saw these pictures of Leona - your grandma - and thought I would let you know what a small world it is. She was in our ward here in Driggs for such a long time. Those 3 sisters, Helen, Ella, and Leona are some pretty stinkin' amazing women. Helen cracked me up...
I wish all the best for your grandma, what a sweet sweet lady.
Small world eh'?

Annalee Taylor said...

Poor thing, it makes me so sad to see old people in pain, there is nothing worse. I hope she gets back to herself again, im sure it means the world to her to have you visit, its so hard to watch them get old. My heart breaks for her, what a sweet lady.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amber! okay, first...I was at Radiance yesterday, I really wanted you to cut my hair...but I was in Rexburg yesterday, and couldn't go back today :( next time maybe...Chantri recommended you! Second, your sweet Grandma Leona, she is soo funny, I miss seeing her! I used to fill her prescriptions at Corner Drug! I loved talking to her, it is sad to see her in pain...

Ashton & Co. said...

How sweet is that! You will treasure those pictures forever!

Bryan and Laura Taylor said...

I am sad Grandma Grover died! So glad she had a nice service and that you still have another grandma around. What sweet memories for your kids to have to know their great grandmas. Looks like you are having a great summer. I am so happy for Bryan!