10.05.2009

{We tried!}





So Payson threw his binki away and did so good for a whole day without it SOOOO Broc went to the store and bought him this awesome tractor because that was the deal for throwing his bink away. He LOVES this tractor and slept with it for the first 2 nights, which was very annoying because it was so bulky in his bed and would wake him up. Well the tractor wore off a bit and Payson actually has been taking his binki's again (at night mostly). I know i am so bad at this stuff. After he threw it away the first time i got it out of the garbage and washed it and put it in the cabinets because i wanted to have one "just in case". When he tried sleeping without it, it was miserable!!! He woke up at 11...12...1...2 and then i had HAD it. I gave it to him at 2 am. We will keep working on this though and hopefully get rid of it for good!

*pssst...don't tell Broc but Payson has had it all day today, but Broc also went hunting so i don't think he can say anything because i am home alone with the kids ALL day. It's for my sanity:)

4 comments:

Colette said...

Pretty much think that if Broc were home with him all day and you were shopping he might cave and give him the binki. Good luck with that. Luckily none of my kids ever got attached to them much after two months, but then I think my babysitter could have had a little to do with that :0) Sometimes we will do ANYTHING for some sleep won't we. Love the tractor by the way, my 14 year old Jayce would be jealous, he'd probably go buy himself a binki and suck on it just so I'd buy him that tractor!

cecily said...

Awwwe man. Getting rid of the binki is the pits. No fun. I can't blame you for giving in during the night either, because I do. Good thing he is pretty dang cute.
I can't wait to try that fun pizza recipe! Thanks :)

Jessica said...

How FUNNY!
I hate to see things that are such a comfort to a little child be taken from them. That is hard to see as a mama.
And here, here, on the hunting thing!

Bree said...

Hahaha! You are so funny!! James wants to go this weekend and I'm hoping it's THE only hunting trip!! hahaha--wishful thinking I'm sure!! We really need to get together! This week has flown by, so how bout next week for sure!!! I'm free EVERYDAY! hahaha! I'll call you! Oh, and that pizza looks delish!!!! I'm a big pineapple fan too!! :)